Few words about Seborrheic Dermatitis
The seborrheic dermatitis is the skin condition that causes a lot of irritation reactions, proliferation of infections, redness, dry skin and high amounts of triglycerides. The studies have shown that dermatitis is caused mainly by the proliferation of the Malassezia microorganism in the skin levels and because of the excessive secretion of the sebaceous glands. The seborrheic dermatitis treatment includes some specific medications or seborrheic dermatitis natural remedies.
What affects the seborrheic dermatitis?
- This results in some immune dysfunction and some skin disorders.
- The sebum is a component on the surface of the skin that produces the oils or the lipids that make the skin soft and hydrated. With the dermatitis the immune system is hyperactive and might cause some abnormal reactions on the skin.
- The immune system results with high growth of independent microorganisms on some areas like the face, the scalp, the back or some other parts, so the levels of sebum is quite increased.
- The people with human immunodeficiency virus, food allergies, some neurological disorders, mood disorders or some autoimmune diseases can easily get the dermatitis, since it affects the immune functions.
- People who are dealing with trauma, some low exposure to the sunlight, stress or some other hormonal changes, the organism will have deficiency in vitamin D.
How can you manage your condition when you have seborrheic dermatitis?
- You need to reduce the intake of food that causes allergic reactions or inflammations
- In order to avoid the risk of inflammation or to base your diet on mainly natural foods, then you need to focus on the food you intake. You need to minimize the intake of processed foods because it can result in some autoimmune reactions.
- Among the foods that can cause this are the sugar, processed oils like sunflower or safflower oils, soy or corn oil, canola oil, etc. Then you need to minimize the intake of fried foods because they have high concentrations of trans fats. The peanuts, the shellfish, the wheat and dairy also need to be avoided or minimized.
- make sure that you apply good hydration creams or products that keep your skin hydrated. In addition, you have to avoid the intake of alcohol, salty food, sugar drinks, caffeine or other products that will cause dry skin.
- You need to drink green tea, some smoothies or coconut water.
- You have to know which foods make your seborrheic dermatitis condition worse and avoid to eat them.
- The intake of fluids is also recommendable.
Boosting the immune system
- The high inflammation and the low function of the immune system can cause some skin disorders or irritations. They can be followed by anxiety, chronic stress and fatigue.
- If you want to improve your immune system then you need to sleep at least 7 hours every night, higher intakes of omega-3 fatty acids, probiotic, spending some time in the outside for few house, taking some supplements, etc.
- Relaxing and practicing yoga, some meditation techniques, writing, or volunteering sometimes can also improve your immune system.
- You need to get occupied with your hobbies in order to boost the brain function.
- Using some adaptogen herbs can also increase the cortisol levels.
- Garlic, banana, apple cider vinegar, ginger, coconut oil, avocado or flaxseed can also be anti-inflammatory foods.
How can you make the treatments of the face, body and the scalp?
- The face has to be washed frequently with shampoos that are effective. You can use some creams that have to be applied twice a day and contain ketoconazole. Creams that contain sodium sulfacetamide also can be used in the treatment.
- The body has to be treated in a way so more coal tar or zinc is contained in the lotions or the shower gels that you are using. The soaps with high levels of zinc are also recommendable. After the application the products have to be rinsed thoroughly.
- The scalp and some beard areas can be treated if they are shampooed every day with some antidandruff shampoos. The shampoo has to be applied on the scalp and then left for 10 minutes and then rinsed. Shampoos that contain pyrithione zinc are most recommendable for this skin condition.
- If you have some dense or diffuse scale on the scalp then you can remove it with olive oil or mineral oil. You can wash apply it few hours before you make the washing. It is recommended to apply it in the morning. Since excessive applying might lead to inflammation reactions, and you don’t want that.
Like this post? Do share with your friends.