What is seborrheic dermatitis?
The seborrheic dermatitis is a skin condition that is followed by dry skin, redness, scalp dandruff, inflammation reactions and some other symptoms. If you are dealing with this type of dermatitis then you need to be informed and notified about the seborrheic dermatitis treatment since you will need some medications and treatments specific for the condition.
Since the condition can appear on the face, the seborrheic dermatitis face’s symptoms are quite common like the seborrheic dermatitis scalp. Providing the products suitable for treating this condition will help you in the management of it.
What does the conventional treatment include?
- A conventional treatment of the condition would include applying some topical agents to the skin, using keratolytic medicines in order to control the inflammation reactions, using calcineurin inhibitors, some specific shampoos that contain antifungal substances, or some other anti-inflammatory medications.
- Among the seborrheic dermatitis creams is the ketoconazole cream that should be applied on the skin twice a day. It is shown to be effective since it calms the symptoms of irritation, redness or flaking.
- Another effective cream is the ciclopirox olamine that has to be used daily for 28 days, and the improvements will be seen soon.
What are the natural remedies for seborrheic dermatitis?
- The seborrheic dermatitis natural remedies include some techniques that will help you to deal with this condition and not using any chemicals on your skin. This means that you will need to change the regimen of your life. The food, the way of living, the products that you are using, the shampoos, the bed linen, literally everything. Since the causes of the dermatitis are not exactly known or proven it is recommended to take these precautions.
What is the difference between the seborrheic dermatitis and the Scalp Psoriasis
- The seborrheic dermatitis is followed by some other disorders of the derma and this can lead in difficulties in the treatment.
- Since it is known that the treatment for this condition reduces the allergens, improves the immune system, and avoids applying or intake of some chemicals on the skin or their presence in the skin products. The conditions like psoriasis and eczema are treated in the same way.
- The dermatitis appears in a “spongiform” which means that the pores are open like a sponge and are large.
- In the seborrheic dermatitis the skin is greasy while when the person has psoriasis is red and dry.
- The psoriasis results in flaking, lesions on the knees or on the elbows. It also causes pitting. The dermatitis is not followed with these symptoms.
By these differences we can distinguish the dermatitis from the psoriasis and thus used the appropriate products.
Some facts and statistics
- The patients that have the seborrheic dermatitis have symptoms mainly on the scalp and on the face. In 88% of the patients, 70% of them have symptoms on the scalp while 27% on the chest. Only 1-2% of the people with this condition have the symptoms on the legs or on the arms.
- The dermatitis is also present at the infants within their first 3 months after birth and is called “cradle cap” and this is present at almost 70% of the infants.
- 5% of the population has the dermatitis.
- The dandruff is a common condition that has almost 50% of the population. It is a mild form of the dermatitis that has to be treated immediately because if you leave it like that the condition might worsen.
- The quality of the life can be decreased by the seborrheic dermatitis that can be developed as seborrheic dermatitis scalp and seborrheic dermatitis on the face. Almost 230 million dollars are spent to treat the dermatitis every year.
- Mostly the men have this dermatitis than the women and there is no racial or ethnic preference for its development.
- The people with autoimmune disorders can develop the dermatitis faster.
Some precautions that you need to know about the seborrheic dermatitis
- The seborrheic dermatitis treatment includes medications for reducing the inflammation, so if you are allergic to some of the chemicals or substances in some of the medications, you need to consult a health care provider. If you see some side effects of using some of the products, do not wait.
- You need to know the difference between the dermatitis and other skin conditions or disorders.
- Visiting the dermatologist on time will save you time and money.
Like this post? Do share with your friends.