What is Seborrheic dermatitis?
As we know the seborrheic dermatitis is a condition on the skin that can cause a lot of issues if not treated appropriately. It is followed by dry skin, redness, yellow color on some areas on the skin, irritations on the scalp and dandruff. The presences of dandruff are mild forms of the dermatitis, so treating it on time will slower the development of the condition.
It is commonly known that there are some seborrheic dermatitis natural remedies that can help in the seborrheic dermatitis treatment. Following this you can easily prevent the development of this condition. Let’s take a look of some of the natural techniques.
Dandruff treatment- seborrheic dermatitis on scalp
- It is known that the dandruff appears on the scalp and is followed by a lot of itching. In this case you will need to deal with this in order to prevent development of some crust lesions. There is shedding of some extra amounts of the skin which is dead and is flaking from the scalp. This is common at the people with oily skin.
- The dandruff results in accumulation of dead skin in some of the areas and this leads to lowering the function of the immune system so the person reacts with sensitivity on dry winter air.
- There is also deficiency of vitamins, so the person needs to determine the diet. For more information about diet, I recommend you to see foods that make this condition worst.
- Using shampoos with a lot of chemicals can also cause the Malassezia yeast to develop faster on the scalp, and this may cause excessive growing on the skin cells and then dying of the same cells.
- Among the treatments you can include in this if you apply some essential oils and some combination of coconut oils on the scalp.
- Shampooing not so often can also help in the natural treatment of the seborrheic dermatitis on scalp. Sine the natural oils produced by the skin can be at normal levels.
- If you want to cover those areas that are itching then you need to apply some dry scalp shampoo.
- Including food with rich sources of vitamin D, antioxidants can help you to prevent some deficiency in your organism and the results will be seen soon.
The use of essential and coconut oils as seborrheic dermatitis treatment
- The coconut oil has antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal effect since it is rich in capric acid and lauric acid. These are common fatty acids present in some specific foods.
- If the oil is applied on the skin can reduce the fungus. The microbes and the yeast which can cause dry and oily skin and some irritation reactions.
- Using this oil in a combination with some other essential oils is a good combination. You can use it with rosemary oil, lavender oil, cedarwood oil and tea tree oil for treating seborrheic dermatitis on scalp.
- If you want to make home remedy then you can make it with including 8 drops of rosemary oil and cedarwood oil, 4 ounces of coconut oil. It can be also almond or olive oil, 1 teaspoon of honey and 6 drops of tea tree oil. You can massage this remedy on the scalp, and after 20 minutes you can rinse it.
- The homemade remedy can treat some of the infections and can reduce the inflammation.
Avoiding some of the beauty products
- We know that the cosmetic products include a lot of preservatives, artificial colors and odors, and some other chemicals that can be harmful to your seborrheic dermatitis on scalp and skin. Using the adequate products requires good research and a prescription of a dermatologist. When you are applying some of the beauty products, the condition of dermatitis can be worse. The itching, the redness and the dryness of the skin can be worse. What you need to do here is to use more natural products, as much as you can.
- Avoiding some of the commercial shampoos will be a good option as well. Since this shampoos contain a lot of chemical that can dry your skin and cause harm.
- If you are using mostly the cosmetic products then you need to look for the lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth or parabens ingredients in order to get the needed care of your skin.
- Natural skin products like tea tree, witch hazel, apple cider vinegar, aloe vera and much more can help you in the seborrheic dermatitis treatment.
- You need also to avoid the poison ivy, some fragrant soaps, latex. If you are allergic to some essential oils then it is best to avoid their use, perfumes, shampoos or detergents with a lot of chemicals that you better to avoid.
Like this post? Do share with your friends.